One of the things that folks hate are making all the holes in the ventriloquist figure’s head when attaching them either with staples or small carpet tacks.
Frank Marshall used carpet tact almost exclusively but if you remove the wig and then re install you end up with the unsightly extra holes.
Another method of attaching the wig is with the use of hot glue. I find this works very well but be prepared to do a bit of paint touch up when you remove same.
I have also used strips of Velcro. You have to glue one side of the Velcro to the inside of the wig in strategic places and then attach the opposite side of the Velcro to the head.
Most Velcro has stick back so it will stick to the head with no problem. This method allows the easiest way to remove the wig and to re attach same with not many problems.
If you have another method we would all like to hear it.
Ventriloquist Central is the brainchild of Dan Willinger and Steve Hurst. Dan is a ventriloquism enthusiast and ventriloquist figure collector. He has been collecting for over 25 years. He created the Ventriloquist Central Collection. It now has over 100 ventriloquist figures and over 50 of them are Frank Marshall figures. Steve is a ventriloquist as well as builder of ventriloquist figures. He also has a background in sales, marketing, building websites and computers. Because they both love the art of ventriloquism, the website Ventriloquist Central was born. For more information about the website, go to: http://www.ventriloquistcentral.com
Copyright 2013 by Dan Willinger and Steve Hurst
NOTE: You may use this blog article provided you run it with the bio box intact. Please email a copy of your publication with the blog article in it to: email@example.com
A good looking head of hair can improve a figure a lot. I love the hair that Bob Issacson used on the Charlie in your collection Dan. Looks very natural. Details make the difference.
If the hair on the wig is full enough, I’ve used thumb tacks with colored heads that match the hair.
My figure was bought new and it arrived with the wig stapled on. I think most vents want to access the mechanics as do I. I carefully removed the staples and attached velcro. The adheisive on the velcro was very strong although I noticed a few of the corners were lifting. A little dab of Krazy glue proved to be a perfect solution to really bond them down perfectly!